Tuesday, May 2, 2017

One mass

Life


On march 16th the techs and I were suppose to go to Seattle and see the red hot chili peppers, that's not what happened. I went into surgery to remove a cyst that was attached to my left ovary.


The surgery went well, there wasn't any complications. The cyst was 6 liters (gallon and a half) of liquid, and it was 30cm (a foot) big.


About 5 days later I went to the doctor to get my staples out. I had 19 all together (The nurse left 1 in. She didn't see it when she was removing the others). About 2 weeks went by and I was healing along and then my wound was leaking some red and yellow liquid (it didn't smell). I was freaking out because I wasn't sure if that was normal or not. Kommandant told me I had to call the doctor and find out if I needed to go to the emergency room. They told me to place a pad on it and then come in on Monday.


Went in on Monday and got to talk to the doctor. She looked at it and the wound was healing from the outside in. So the liquid was normal. The wound had healed at the very top and the middle. The only parts that didn't was the upper middle part and the very bottom (it was like a drain). Kommandant went with me and she poked around inside of my wound to open it up and then packed it up with this packing strips. Kommandant got to pack my wound 2 times a day (I am so lucky to have someone to do that to me.).


They told me to get up and moving so that I can build my stamina up. So about two times a day either Knittech or Kommandant would walk me around the block. We started off with the small block which took so much out of me each time we would walk it. 


About week 4 Kommandant didn't have to pack the wound any more. We did have to put a pad over it because I was still having a little leakage. Week 5 came and went and we stopped putting a pad down so that it could have all the air it wanted. Week 6 came and that's when I was sleeping and I scratched my scar in the middle and opened it up. I'm waiting for that to heal and I'm doing everything in my power from not scratching it.


We had the last doctors appointment on week 6 and she said that everything looks great and that it is 100% healed. I still have scabs on it and I have the middle part to heal. But I'm happy that it is done and over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment